Dr. Jijo P M completed his B Sc. Speech and Hearing from JSS Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysuru. He completed his Masters and PhD in Audiology from All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysuru. He has worked in various institutions in India and abroad. He started his career as a clinical audiologist in Nigeria, later came back to India to pursue his PhD in Audiology under the guidance of Professor Asha Yathiraj. He had worked as a lecturer in Audiology at the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysuru, for five years. He has several publications in reputed international and national journals; research projects; presentations in various scientific platforms and served as an examiner to various universities.
Area of interest: Diagnostic Audiology, Speech Perception
Dr. JIJO P M, PhD
Principal and Reader in Audiology
- Jijo P.M. Behavioural and Electrophysiological Correlates of Aided Performance in Individuals with Late Onset Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder: A Review. Journal of Audiology and Otology. 2018, 22, 171-177.
- Jijo,P.M, & Yathiraj, A. (2017) Performance Intensity Function and Aided Improvement in Individuals with Late Onset Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD). Ear and Hearing 38 (2), 109-117
- Jijo,P.M, & Muhammed Hasheem. (2017) Effect of hearing aid release time and presentation level on speech perception in noise in elderly individuals with hearing loss. European Archives of Otolaryngology 274(2), 671-677
- Jijo,P.M., & Sabarish, A. (2015). Perception of Hearing aid Processed Speech in Individuals with Late Onset Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD). Journal of American Academy of Audiology, 26(10), 815-823.
- Jijo,P.M, & Yathiraj, A. (2013). Audiological Findings and Aided Performance in Individuals with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD): A Retrospective Study. Journal of Hearing Science, 3, 18-26.
- Jijo, P. M ., & Yathiraj, A. (2013). Effect of Temporal Modification and Vowel Context on Speech Perception in Individuals with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD). Hearing Balance and Communication, 11, 198-207
- Jijo P.M, Vipin G & Prawin K. Etiological Factors of Congenital Hearing loss in Children-A High Risk Register Based Survey (2013). Journal of All India Institute of Speech and Hearing. 32, 205-210.
- Jijo, P. M., & Yathiraj, A. (2012). Audiological Characteristics and Duration of the Disorder in Individuals with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD) – A Retrospective Study. Journal of Indian Speech Language and Hearing Association. 26, 17-26
- Sindhu & Jijo P M. Translation of Hearing Handicap Inventory (adults and elderly) to Kannada (2017). Journal of Indian Speech, Language and Hearing Association. 31 (1), 5-22
- Hemanth, N., Jijo,P.M., Kumar A.U. (2017) Disability certificate for individuals with hearing impairment-time to rethink. Indian Journal of Otology, 23(1), 7-12.
- Hemanth. N, Jijo. P. M and Dr. Vijay Kumar Narne. Is Acceptance Noise Level a deciding factor of tinnitus management using hearing aids? AIISH Research Fund, Completed.
- Jijo P M, Sreeraj K, Sandhya K, Rashmi P. Estimation of Parental Consanguinity in Children with Communication Disorders. AIISH Research Fund. Ongoing
- Working memory and low redundancy speech perception in the normal ear of individuals with unilateral hearing loss. University of Mysore. 2017
- Psychoacoustic abilities of normal ear of listeners with unilateral hearing loss. University of Mysuru. 2017
- Comparison of hearing aid acclimatization in individuals using Receiver in the canal (RIC) and Behind the ear (BTE) hearing aids. University of Mysore. 2016
- Effect of compression time settings on aided speech perception in elderly individuals with temporal processing deficits. University of Mysore. 2015
- Effect of hearing aid processed speech on perception in individuals with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD). University of Mysore. 2014